One of our dear family friends brought us a pumpkin carving kit from the States, how could we not try it out? The picture above shows the final result, a pumpkin with two ghosts. Do you like it? It is not hard to do at all! Now I will show you the steps behind our project!
You will need
We used the carving kit, but you can use instead:
a pumpkin template (that you can find here)
big and small spoons (the small plastic shovel from the beach works just fine)
How to do it
1) Cover your work area with newspaper and plastic trash bags
2) Cut the pumpkin around the stem, enter with the knife at an angle so that the stem piece can be put back in as a top when finished carving.
3) Take out all the seeds, and carve out the pulp with a spoon until the inside of the pumpkin is smooth.
4) Tape your template onto the pumpkin.
5) With the roller or an awl trace the outline of the image, making lots of small holes in the pumpkin. In this manner, the image is transferred to the pumpkin.
6) Remove the template. The image is now on the surface of the pumpkin.
7) Start to cut out the image using the small saw.
8) As you work, remove the pieces of pumpkin that you are cutting out. Be very careful removing them, in particular pay attention to small details.
Once you have finished, add a candle inside the pumpkin and admire how it glows in the dark!
Linda Pane, amore e creatività